In our clinical dizziness practice we give this award winning material to our patients if they have one of the five diagnoses covered. It was a joint project of Dr. David Zee (at Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore, MD.) and Dr. Timothy Hain (at Northwestern University in Chicago) intended for patients
The disorders covered include:
- Bilateral vestibular vesibular loss (such as due to gentamicin ototoxicity). This segment has a wonderful simulation of oscillopsia.
- Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV). BPPV is the most common type of dizziness, and is usually easy to treat. This segment discusses the mechanism, treatment and natural history of BPPV. A related product is the BPPV home exercise DVD.
- Labyrinthitis and Vestibular Neuritis
- Meniere's disease. Meniere's disease is an uncommon (1/2000 persons) cause of dizziness, hearing loss, fullness and tinnitus.
- Migraine associated vertigo Migraine is an extremely common cause of dizziness and headaches.
The videotape on which this DVD was based won the 2001 National Health and Information Bronze Award in the Patient education category.